Job title: Warehouse Receiving Associate $17/hr
Company: American Furniture Warehouse
Job description: Job Description:
The role of the Receiving Associate is to safely and efficiently load, unload, identify and tag merchandise from vendors and other AFW facilities. The Receiving Associate position offers one of the best distribution/warehouse earning packages in the area.
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment.
- Ability to use trailer chocks.
- Ability to operate a fork lift, reach truck, and pallet jack for loading and unloading trailers/containers.
- Ability to operate and use a hand truck.
- Ability to perform the correct lifting and team lifting techniques.
- Commitment to AFW’s safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness.
- Able to breakdown merchandise inside trailers/containers – unstack and position merchandise for removal from trailers/containers.
- Able to operate a radio frequency (RF) scanner.
- Able to safely operate load hoggs and dock plates.
- Accurately match packing list to vendor labels.
- Accurately load merchandise from the dock to trailers. Tie-in merchandise to trailers in a safe manner.
- Accurately identify merchandise by vendor label and apply matching AFW label to the merchandise when directed by the AFW management team.
- Able to sweep docks, trailers, and containers.
- Able to safely load merchandise onto pallets.
- Able to safely load and unload merchandise to and from pallets/skids.
- Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
- Able to have a flexible schedule and work all shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner.
- All training provided by AFW.
- Requires the ability to maneuver in confined and at times congested areas.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, & bend for 8 hours or more daily.
- Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers, eyes, legs, and back.
- Requires lift, lower, push and pull all sizes of merchandise up to 100 lbs. frequently and ability to handle/manipulate up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- The Receiving position requires lifting, gripping, bending, kneeling, stooping and moving merchandise 8 hours or more daily.
Physical Work Environment:
- Fluorescent Lighting
- Concrete Flooring
- Climate effected by outside conditions
- Considerable exterior noise
- Extreme temperature fluctuations in warehouse
A pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment background check must be passed upon job offer.
American Furniture Warehouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
At AFW we pride ourselves on our ability to offer value and service to our customers. When you join AFW you become part of a professional, customer service oriented company.
AFW is seeking highly motivated, energetic, hardworking candidates to join our team.
AFW offers highly competitive pay and a full benefits package that includes 401k, medical, dental, vision and a host of voluntary programs including life insurance, disability, all at affordable rates.
Expected salary: $17 per hour
Location: Firestone, CO
Job date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 22:18:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!