Job title: Warehouse Associate Lead
Company: American Furniture Warehouse
Job description: Job Description:
The role of the Warehouse Team Lead will coach the Warehouse Associates to ensure our customer service goes above and beyond the customer’s expectations. As a team lead you will assist the Warehouse Manager with schedule building, employee performance reviews, and ensure new and current policies and procedures are being followed.
- Ability to safely operate a company approved safety knife.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies including but not limited to ipads, excel, word, etc.
- Adhere to the AFW asset protection policies and identify and prevent fraud.
- Knowledge of and the ability to perform the correct lifting/team lifting techniques.
- Ability to maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Ability to manually manipulate furniture and merchandise to and from trucks, racking, containers, forklifts and vehicles.
- Coordinate and work effectively with multiple departments to continuously improve processes, maximize efficiency and exceed customer service expectations.
- Commitment to AFW’s safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness.
- Accurately match packing list to vendor labels.
- Coach employees to load merchandise from the dock to trailers. Tie-in merchandise to trailers in a safe manner.
- Coach employees to safely load and unload merchandise to and from pallets/skids.
- Appraises employee performance, communicates goals and expectations, provide honest feedback and coaches team members.
- Establishes schedules and provides continual training to team members with an emphasis on safety and service.
- Addresses customer complaints and resolves problems as needed.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Communicates, leads, and develops teamwork with the Warehouse Team.
- Ensure the correct paperwork/forms are filled out correctly.
- Able to confirm that customer receives correct merchandise.
- Able to work a radio frequency (RF) scanner.
- Identifying and reading reports, tickets and UPC labels.
- Able to have a flexible schedule and work all shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- Able to communicate effectively with team members and supervisors.
- All training provided by AFW.
- Requires the ability to maneuver in confined and at times congested areas.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, & bend for 8 hours or more daily.
- Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers, eyes, legs, and back.
- Training and coaching employees may require the ability to lift, lower, push and pull all sizes of merchandise up to 100 lbs. frequently and ability to handle/manipulate up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- The Warehouse Team Lead position requires lifting, griping, bending, kneeling, stooping and moving merchandise 8 hours or more daily.
Physical Work Environment
- Fluorescent Lighting
- Concrete Flooring
- Climate effected by outside conditions
- Considerable exterior noise
- Extreme temperature fluctuations in warehouse
A pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment background check must be passed upon job offer.
American Furniture Warehouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
At AFW we pride ourselves on our ability to offer value and service to our customers. When you join AFW you become part of a professional, customer service oriented company.
AFW is seeking highly motivated, energetic, hardworking candidates to join our team.
AFW offers highly competitive pay and a full benefits package that includes 401k, medical, dental, vision and a host of voluntary programs including life insurance, disability, all at affordable rates.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 03:02:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!